So many dogs, so many choices for collars, harnesses, split chains and other ways to leash your dog. But where should you pay attention to when buying a collar? What is the advantage of a collar? What is the advantage of a leather collar for your dog?
Where should you pay attention to when buying a collar?
The purpose of a collar is to be able to lead a dog on a leash. This way you can protect him from danger and ensure that you can experience beautiful adventures together. Whatever you choose, it is important that you look closely at what your dog needs. Choose a collar that is both practical and animal-friendly. Also make sure that it is not too loose, but certainly not too tight. A good size is important.
Advantages of a collar?
A collar has the advantage that it is only around the neck. Your dog is therefore completely free to move. The advantage is the disadvantage. It is only around the neck, so if your dog pulls a lot, the pressure of pulling will be on the neck. Make sure that you practice enough together how your dog can best walk on a leash and how we as owners can best guide the dog. Because just like dogs, we are not allowed to pull on the leash.
Advantage of a leather collar?
A collar comes in many different designs. Nylon, Polyester, Cork, Leather and many other materials. Leather is flexible, cool and chic and is very strong. It doesn't not break quickly.
Cooper & Quint collars are made from organically tanned leather. Organic or vegetable tanned leather has a number of additional advantages:
- No animal has been killed for its skin. On the contrary, the raw hides used by our tanneries are the discarded by-products of the food industry that produce meat for human consumption.
- Because vegetable or biologically tanned leather is tanned with natural tannins, its chemical biological properties make it easy to discard at the end of its life.
- Vegetable tanned leather, recognizable by its trademark, contains no toxic substances such as azo dyes, nickel, PCP or chrome VI
- Because only vegetable materials are used to tan the leather, the leather still contains a lot of life. Rub a collar a few times and you will see it change color due to the warmth of your skin. As soon as it cools down, it returns to its original color.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.